Wednesday, January 13, 2016

What I'm eating this week

Breakfast:
Oatmeal (not quick oats) with chia seeds/hemp seeds pomegranate/blueberry.  Pick 1 seed and 1 fruit.  Also add 1 scoop of almond butter. Very filling!

Stuffed Shells:
I found this recipe on Pinterest for stuffed shells.  I did add marinara sauce on the top because the cashew sauce really dried up when baking.  Alternatively, you could make extra cashew sauce to put on top after baking is done.  Also don't be afraid to add some seasoning to this, especially the spinach and tofu.  This could be really bland if you make as listed.

Quesadilla:
Roasted Sweet Potato and Bean Quesadilla - I opted to use black beans because I have tons of them at home and want to use them.  I made a mash, by cooking them with seasoning and then using a potato masher.  Works for me!  Lol :)

Snack Attack:
Roasted Cauliflower
Avocado with balsamic vinegar
Crispy Broccoli Florets (a dried item sort of like kale chips from Trader Joe's)
Trek Mix (Trader Joe's - cashews, macadamia nuts, dried cranberries and dried pineapple)

Sweets:
Star Crunch (clean) 


The biggest trend I'm coming to terms with is that I have to make most of my food myself.  This requires meal planning, shopping lists and prep time.  I am super lucky that Joe is so into this and he is into helping me food prep.  We were talking about our weekend plans and he brought up meal prepping on Sunday.  He is the BEST.  




1 comment: