Monday, January 11, 2016

Restaurants Week 2

Going out to eat while vegan can be challenging at mainstream restaurants.  This weekend I went to the Olive Garden and 701.

Olive Garden:
I had the make your own pasta with cavatapi pasta and primavera.  I also had some salad b.c OG (I just looked at the ingredients and realized the dressing is NOT vegan...my bad). The pasta dish was a large portion (of course it is OG).  The veggies were crisp and crunchy and the sauce had a little flair to it.

701:
Appetizer: Savory Funnel Cake.  FOR SERIOUS!!!!!! This was glorious.  There was a spicy carrot sauce on it along with roasted cherry tomatoes.  So good.

Dinner: Cauliflower Shawarma with hummus and tomato.  YASSSSS.  So filling and delicious!  I did avoid the white sauce as it looked creamy and probably dairy.


Cauliflower Shawarma

I was truly full after eating at 701.  They have a small menu, but the food is excellent.  Worth the trip to DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment