Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Massage Time!

Back in November I had purchased a Groupon for a Thai Massage.  The promo was going to expire later in January so I decided I had better get on that!

I made an appointment with Thai Healing House in Herndon for Sunday afternoon (yes during the Skins game).  You guys...I have only ever had table massage and this was a whole different experience.  You check in and then they take you to the room and give you pants and a t-shirt to wear.  There is a large mat on the ground you they tell you to lay on your back.  I would seriously sleep on this thing, it was so comfy.  Then June my massage lady comes in and she starts with my feet and legs.  The whole time we are talking and she is explaining to me how this massage is different and really focuses on stretching and pressure points.  She is really into the philosophy of it and explaining how it is different from a table massage.  She is AMAZING.

At one point, June is standing on my hamstrings.  FOR SERIOUS!  She was really able to get into the tension areas.  I was all kinds of stretched out and felt amazing afterwards.   If you get a Thai Message, be prepared for some serious close contact with your massage person.

I highly recommend the Thai Healing House  and if you go, please name drop so that I can get a $20 credit.

I plan to book a 2 hour session in March to really get in there and get relaxed.


No comments:

Post a Comment