Friday, February 28, 2014

February Favorites

Hello Honey Darling Dears!

Tea

Let me start by saying that I love love love tea.  I have a specific tea that I am obsessed with, Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice, this tea hits the spot every time.  I like this tea because you can enjoy it as is, you don't have to add anything to it.  You just brew it and whomp there it is.  My issue is that I can't find a local store that sells this so I have to order it and lets be serious, I forgot to order last week when I was running low.  I was at Wegmans and noticed they have a similar tea and it was on sale.  I clearly had to try it 

Photo
Tea is amazing


I did a blind taste test of the two teas.

Photo
Tea Test



While I could tell a difference in the overall taste (Harney and Sons is more rich and rounded) I am cool with the Wegmans brand tea.  Thank you store brand items!



Rosebud Lip Salve

Photo
new Rosebud Salve and completely finished Rosebud Salve



 This is one of my all time favorite lip balm/gloss.  I wear this to bed every night.  I also put it on in the morning after getting ready for the day and it lasts for hours.  I have tried the variations of this, Strawberry and Rose Mint, but the original remains my favorite.  I love it so much that I actually use the whole container.



Bike Fitting


Photo
Can't wait to start falling down outside!



 I bought a used tri bike a few months ago and it has been sitting in my garage.  Good times.  I finally brought it to the Bike Lane at Reston Town Center for a fitting.  Bill was my fitter and I have to tell you, he is spectacular.  During the fitting, Bill checked over my bike sort of like a car inspection.  He then had me sit on it and adjusted the seat, got me new pedals, a new seat, adjusted handle bars and areo bars.  He said my bike is in great shape (it's a 2009) and that I fit well on the bike! He then kept the bike for a few days to work on a hydration system and getting a bento box properly fitted on the back behind the seat. 

Photo
hydration system



Purple Potatoes!

Don't be scared of these gems!
PhotoPhoto





These potatoes taste great!  They are sweeter than white potatoes but not as sweet as a yam.  I made a hash with purple potatoes, green pepper and onion. I served the hash on the side of two eggs baked in marinara.

cooking it all up


               
The final product





Do you have any foods that you have recently discovered?




Hugs and Loves,

M





2 comments:

  1. So many new foods this month! On the subject of potatoes, I had my first white sweet potatoes this past week. They're not as starchy as regular potatoes and not as sweet as orange sweet potatoes.

    Love your bike fitting news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather I haven't tried white sweet potatoes but will keep an eye out for them. I do love some potatoes!

      Delete