Monday, November 24, 2014

September Favorite Things

Happy almost Fall!

I love when the air gets a bit crisp, I find it so refreshing. 

I wanted to share some of my favorite Fall recipes with you:

Squash:
There is the standard spaghetti squash - always a good option
There is traditional roasting - also a good option

-OR-

be fun and try something new with it! (please tell me something fun to do with it....seriously)  I'm on limited internet and can't waste time on Pinterest right now.


Pumpkin Puree:
Overplayed this time of year? Yes.  Still good?  Yes

This year I decided to make my own pumpkin bread at home.  I used my breadmaker and a basic recipe and then added pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and a bit of honey.  I generally make up recipes as I go so no exact measuring expect for the basic bread part.  It turned out very nicely, maybe not as sweet as I was hoping for, but probably just as well.  I like it lightly toasted with real butter or cream cheese.

If you have dogs, don't forget to give them some pumpkin too!  They love it (mine love anything, really so.......).  I just mix in about 1/4 to 1/3 a cup into their dry food.  They go bonkers while I am mixing it up because they know they are about to get a special treat.


It's Soup Season!

lol

I made a baked potato soup: It was delish! 

Baked Potato Soup with Bacon (obvi)



Apples:

Some apples are only available certain times of year.  Take advantage.  Do you like apples the size of a small child's head?  You my friend are in luck!  Tis the season for Honeycrisp apples!  These are delicious and with some PB is basically a small meal.


Large Apple





Do you have any favorite fall foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment